Monday, July 27, 2009

List Order

Great email exchange between Amanda Earl and Listkeeper Lana:

hi Lana,

would it be possible for you to send me the address list as a document? for my project this year i'm cutting and pasting the addresses and the poems.

if not that's ok, just a bit hard to cut and paste from the on line data base.

hope all is well. thanks again for setting up the festival!

Amanda

From: Amanda Earl
Subject: august poetry address list
To: lana.ayers@yahoo.com
Date: Sunday, July 26, 2009, 6:33 AMHi Amanda,

I don't have the list as a doc.

What you can do is print the list using the print function in your web browser. And literally cut and paste with scissors and tape.

Or you can highlight the list with your mouse, right click and paste it into a Word doc. If you do "paste special" from your edit menu and choose "unformatted text" it will come out as simple list. If not, you'll get a table in your Word doc.

Have fun,
Lana


So,I tried that, and it worked. This is better than printing out the list via the website's print function, because that (for the Perennial List) produced an alphabetical order and, being an "N" guy, I did not get many perennial cards. So, I am going back from my position at #9 on the list to at least #40.

Good luck,

Paul

No comments: